Wednesday, March 28, 2012

How to insert an image or logo on the report manager?

Is there anybody who knows how to set up the report manager so that it will display an image on the home page of the report manager?

Thanks!

Report Manger was not built to be customizable by default. The only thing you can do is hack it by overwriting the images or to change the CSS file it uses.

You need to look in "C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.3\Reporting Services\ReportManager\" or whatever your installation directory is. In there you will find a "Styles" directory that has the CSS and an "images" directory in which you need to look for the .JPG files that start with 48 e.g. The home page user 48folderopen.jpg by default. Depending on which page you are RS will use a different image. The main downside is that you have no control over sizing so your image needs to 48x48 otherwise it will look distorted.

|||

Adam,

Thx for your response. I want to confirm one thing with you. In order to use my own image, do I have to delete the 48folderopen.jpg file and paste my own image? Please tell me the proper procedure.

Sincerely,

|||

I got the answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment