Wednesday, March 28, 2012

how to insert images...

Complete SQL newbie here.......running SQL 2k.
I created a datatype called 'Picture' of type Image using Enterprise
Manager's Design Table function.
My question, how can I specify what the image is for a given table
row/entry? For text data types I can just type in what I want the
value to be.
Most answers I've seen talk about running scripts to do inserts.
There's got to be a drag 'n drop or File/Open type way of doing this.
I mean I remember watching people do this with a database app on a
NextStation way back when (drag n drop).....you'd think the mighty
SQL Server 2000 would have similiar abilities.
Any help appreciated.
J.Sorry, SQL Server isn't a WYSIWYG editor, and there is no drag 'n' drop
interface.
In most situations, it's probably not a good idea to store an image in your
database anyway... See for more info:
http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2149
"James" <lee.james@.spartan.ab.ca> wrote in message
news:17084052.0403121132.1aa413a7@.posting.google.com...
> Complete SQL newbie here.......running SQL 2k.
> I created a datatype called 'Picture' of type Image using Enterprise
> Manager's Design Table function.
> My question, how can I specify what the image is for a given table
> row/entry? For text data types I can just type in what I want the
> value to be.
> Most answers I've seen talk about running scripts to do inserts.
> There's got to be a drag 'n drop or File/Open type way of doing this.
> I mean I remember watching people do this with a database app on a
> NextStation way back when (drag n drop).....you'd think the mighty
> SQL Server 2000 would have similiar abilities.
> Any help appreciated.
> J.|||Hi James,
I am reviewing you post and since we have not heard from you for some time
in the newsgroup, I wonder if our community member's information is helpful
to your question. For any more question, please post your message here and
we are glad to help.
Thanks.
Best regards
Baisong Wei
Microsoft Online Support
----
Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security
This posting is provided "as is" with no warranties and confers no rights.
Please reply to newsgroups only. Thanks.sql

No comments:

Post a Comment