Friday, March 30, 2012

How to insert the value from the text box (ASP.NET 2.0) to the microsoft sql server 2000 d

Hello Friends,

I have a problem with ASP.net with dynamic data transfer from asp page to microsoft sql server 2000. For example , I have asp web page with one text field and a buttion.When I click the buttion, the value entered in the text field should be transfered from the text field to database.

Kindly See the following section c# code ....

SqlConnection objconnect = new SqlConnection(connectionString);

SqlCommand cmd = new SqlCommand();

cmd.Connection = objconnect;

cmd.CommandText = " select * from Table_Age where Age = @.Age";

cmd.CommandType = CommandType.Text;

SqlParameter parameter = new SqlParameter();

parameter.ParameterName = "@.Age";

parameter.SqlDbType = SqlDbType.VarChar;

parameter.Direction = ParameterDirection.Output;

parameter.Value = TextBox1.Text;

objconnect.Open();

// Add the parameter to the Parameters collection.

cmd.Parameters.Add(parameter);

SqlDataReader reader = cmd.ExecuteReader();

********************this section c# code is entered under the button control************************************

connection string is mentioned in the web.config file.

In the above c# code , I have a text field , where I entered the age , the value entered in the text field should be sent to database. I have used SqlParameter for selecting the type of data should be sent from ASP.NET 2.0 to the microsoft sql server 2000. I am facing a problem where I am unable to sent the random datas from a text field to the database server.I have a created a database file in the microsoft server 2000.

after the excution of the fIeld value is assinged to NULL in the main database i.e microsoft the sql server 2000.

Can anyone help with this issue.

My mail id phijop@.hotmail.com

- PHIJO MATHEW PHILIP.

Hi

Remove :

parameter.Direction = ParameterDirection.Output;

since your direction should be input.

No comments:

Post a Comment